So you are struggling to lose weight because you know once you achieve your goal you will be happy right? Well, let me be the bearer of bad news; that’s not going to happen!
Here are tips to make it possible to achieve your fitness resolutions even while working a full-time job:
Have achievable goals: First and foremost, make sure the goals you set are realistically attainable.
Make a schedule: Scheduling workouts into your calendar is a way to remind yourself of what you’re trying to accomplish if you’re feeling uninspired to exercise.
Set a deadline for your goal: Having an end date for when you’d like to accomplish your goal can be a great motivator to sticking to your schedule.
Switch up your form of exercise: You don’t have to be committed only to the gym in order to accomplish your fitness goals. Doing activities like biking or walking are excellent ways to give yourself a break from the gym while also fitting exercise into your day.
You could be exercising and eating right and still not getting the results you should. You know why? The surprising answer could be that you are suffering from the “nocebo” effect. It’s the evil twin brother of the “placebo” effect. Continue reading
It is 2018 Now What?
You have been warming up and getting ready to get on the stage to perform. In your mind you have imagined over and over about how you are going to perform on stage. How you will entertain the audience and how you will make them laugh and intrigue them.
Imagine that all the preparation is over and now you are on stage. Now is the time that you need to perform. Now is the time that you need to stick to your guns and remove any self-doubt. Whatever you planned to do on stage do it without hesitation and don’t back down.
I am sure many of us have already read a few articles recently on how to make resolutions for the new year and how to keep them. We read these articles almost every year around December all the way through February.
This is not one of those articles! I am here to give you a step-by-step guide that will make everything you touch turn into gold. I am here to tell you about the one thing that will make you a winner regardless of your situation.
- According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention only 6% more men engage in regular exercise than women. It’s high time gyms became more “female-friendly”.
- Women are not “female-men” and men are not “male-women”(I bet you didn’t know that) so they need a completely different training regime, nutrition plan, and amount of hydration during exercise.
- I had to talk specifically about squats because women love their squats. Women should use a wider stance when doing squats as their pelvises tilt more. The feet should also face more outwards and the practitioner should avoid going too low. Failing to do so could cause serious injury.
- Men may have better upper body strength but women have better lower body strength.
- Women exhibit a higher lactate threshold during long distance running thanks to their slow twitch fibre percentage. The longer the distance the more advantageous it becomes.
- The heart responds differently to exercise when it comes to men and women. The American College of Cardiology recently declared the “220 minus age” to be flawed. The formula was developed 40 years ago based on a group that was predominantly male.
- Women tend to burn more fat than men during workout and men burn more fat than women post workout.
- One of the best ways for men to subjectively track fat loss is to measure their waist. Women can use both the waist and the bust to distinguish fat loss from weight loss.
- Men who lift weights grow primarily type II muscle which make them bulk up. Women grow primarily type I muscle fibers that are not able to grow as big.
Our coach – Sensei Yetoo – used to call it the blue balls workout because we would all feel like someone kicked us in the nuts when we were finished due to the intensity of the workout.
The workout takes a little over an hour to complete. Mombasa is a beautiful island and we trained on the beach on soft sand which made it even tougher.
Today I would like to share this workout from the depths of hell so you can enjoy it as much as I did. Continue reading
People, you need to take your tongues seriously. I don’t mean like the way Miley Cyrus does. I mean she was recently sued for nearly killing someone with it according to a report by Rolling Stones.
What I am talking about is even more serious. Did you know that you could see how fit or healthy you are just by examining your tongue?
Traver H, Bloem of breakingmuscle.com explains: “TCM believes the tongue is a microcosm of the entire body and will reflect its excesses and deficiencies. Being directly related to the stomach by proximity and availability, the tongue acts as a very good reflection of our digestive systems. If your tongue’s neighbor the stomach is having problems, it’s most likely going to spill over into your tongue’s life.” Continue reading