Breast is the protruding part on a woman’s chest. It can also be defined as the part of your body between your neck and your stomach. Breasts are of different sizes; others big while some are small. Breasts differ in size from one woman to other depending on the amount of fat deposited in a woman’s breast. There are facts about boobs that most women don’t know that make them upset about their breast’s sizes. This is dangerous especially among adolescents who are really influenced by what people around them are saying. In this case, we are going to look at why one woman’s breasts are not of the same size as one boob may appear to bigger than the other or one boob may appear to be hanging lower than the other. This condition is referred to as breast asymmetry. It is very normal because it affects more than half of all women, but at times, it may be caused by other factors.
Reasons why one boob may appear to be larger than the other one
1. Breasts start growing from age 8 to 13 for most girls. At this stage, a girl may notice that one boob may start to grow before the other, or one boob may start growing faster than the other. This is very normal, and no girl should be frustrated about it. They should be patient and wait till they have fully developed let’s say at about age 17 to 20 and notice the changes and see that their boobs will almost be of the same size.
2. During the menstrual cycle, you can also experience some changes in your boob size since the hormone estrogen is working. When you are ovulating, your breasts tend to become fuller and become more sensitive. This makes them bigger due to water retention and additional blood flow. Since the boobs may not have the same supply of the hormone during the first day of ovulation, one boob may appear to be fuller than the other.
3. In a woman’s life, the hormone estrogen is constantly being produced and your breasts at their early stages of development may not receive the same amount of this hormone. Therefore, one of the budding breasts will tend to grow faster than the other. This hormone is not only produced during menstruation.
4. Physical injuries can also cause one boob to grow faster than the other. When girls are young, they play a lot and get injured quite a lot too. This may affect their breast development when their breast bud area gets injured. If one boob is injured, it might grow at a very slow pace compared to the other, so definitely one boob will ends up being bigger than the other one.
5. Breast lumps – A lump is a small hard swollen area that sticks out from someone’s skin or grows inside their body due to an illness. When a lump grows in your boob, it might mean you have breast cancer or any other infection. It is good to constantly feel your boobs so that you can notice any change in your boobs. If one of your boobs grows a lump, this means it will definitely be bigger in size than the other.
6. Some medical conditions can cause juvenile or virginal asymmetry of the breast in which one breast grows to become larger than the other.
What Women Feel About Having Different Breast Sizes
If you ask around, most women will tell you that they are not happy with one breast being larger than the other. Most have psychological stress and trauma especially after getting all those negative comments from their friends. They experience a problem when it comes to purchasing a bra as one boob may not fit in the bra properly. Some of these bigger breasts are so big that they may cause pain in the chest and the shoulder due to the heavy weight. Most women find a problem when it comes to lying down; since the boobs are not symmetrical they can’t lie on their stomachs, and they have to use their elbows.
These facts about boobs should make you feel comfortable about your boobs not being symmetrical as this is so normal. Most of our body parts are not symmetrical like legs, arms and even ears. Love yourself with what you have and whenever you are counting your blessings, count your boobs as the best of them no matter their shortcomings.