This is rather an unusual post from me. For many of my readers, it may feel different. There is a good reason for that. This is not a post I prepared. It is a sound piece of advice that I had given a friend -Rose – which kick-started a change of attitude in her and made her more positive. I love my readers and thought that if it helped him maybe it would help you guys too.
You wake up every morning in a country that has no war, no famine, and no pandemic or any kind of fear. You live in a place where the basic human rights are upheld. Education is affordable, food is affordable and many of your basic necessities are fulfilled and that goes without saying. You can even afford some luxury every now and then.
One would think you would be happy and content because the majority of people around the world can only dream of having all this. So what is wrong with you? Why are you not happy with what you have?
I’ll tell you why. You are living in a fantasy world that’s why. You want to look like a fitness model and have everyone love you. Everything that is marketed out there you want to buy. You have the same false expectations about relationships as those shown in movies. You have no idea, absolutely no idea what’s going to happen to you when you die so you cling on to life trying to fight aging as much as you can.
You cannot handle disappointment because you think there is always someone to blame when things don’t go the way you had planned. You are stressed out bordering being depressed.
Here is what you are going to do:
- Stop basing you r expectations on what you see on television.
- Stop saying you hate your body but be grateful that you have all your limbs and senses.
- Look at those below you who are less fortunate; don’t compare yourself to those who are more fortunate.
- Feed your body good food.
- Feed your mind good thoughts and knowledge.
- Feed your soul the love of God and good deeds.
- Exercise like there is no tomorrow because it is what you love to do.
Would you take this advice or give it to someone? Please tell us what you think and comment below.